Today, we will be talking about the Nigerian International Passport application process 2022. If you are traveling abroad as a Nigerian based either at home or abroad, you will need an international passport to be allowed entry or exit from your host or visiting countries. You will also need your international passport for documentation and Visa application processes. To successfully apply, this is how you can go about getting a Nigeria International Passport.
Nigerian International Passport Application process 2022
Here is a step by step process of getting the Nigerian International Passport;
- Visit the Home page of the Nigeria Immigration Portal: Click Here
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process: e-Passport Application Form, MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
- Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on the ‘Start Application’ button.
- Fill out the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print the filled form.
- Click on the ‘Submit Application’ button to view the ‘Applicant details page’
- Then, click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars):
If you selected the option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”, If you intend to pay at a bank, selected “Bank” and click continue, View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
- The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with the Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number. With a copy of your Payment acknowledgment slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
- On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below)
If you intend to pay through a Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue.
- You will be required to fill in your log-in credentials.
- After filling in, click the “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal
- For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
- The payment portal displays application details, click on the “Continue” button.
- You will be prompted to the “Value Card” payment page, provide information on your card & Click on the “OK” button
- After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.
Using your Validation Number
- After payment, having obtained the “Validation Number”, proceed to the NIS portal for confirmation of payment:
- Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
If a “Validation Number” field appears, please enter the number from your ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt. Remember: Validation Number has been generated after payment through Bank also.
- Click the “Search Record” button and you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been generated.
- You can now print a Receipt or an Acknowledgement Slip by using the buttons on this page. (And you will need them for your interview).
- Also, you will be presented with your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgement Slip in a new window. Click on the “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
For Payment Outside of Nigeria
If you select a processing country other than Nigeria, your payment will be in US Dollars. You will be re-directed to an approved payment platform to complete your application and make your payment in US Dollars.
On confirmation of payment, proceed for an Interview with relevant documents. Please, note that your interview schedule, final e-receipt, and acknowledgment slip are only accessible using your Validation Number.
To print your NIS e-Receipt
- On the portal home page, click on the ‘Query your application payment status’ link
- On the next page, select ‘Passport’ as an option under the ‘Application Type’ dropdown
- Enter the following details: Application ID, Reference Number, Validation Number (if applicable)
- Submit the details
- Your full application details shall be returned
- Scroll down the page and click on ‘Print receipt’
- You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt in a new window
- Click on ‘Print this receipt’ to send a copy to the printer
- To generate your Passport Guarantor’s Form
- Click on the passport guarantor’s form on the home page of the Nigeria Immigration Service
- Enter the reference and id number generated on the acknowledgment slip
- Click Print to print out the first page and next to print out the second page (You will still be required to click the Print button)
General Documents required for interview:
- Standard Passport
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent color passport photographs
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report in case of lost passport
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High Commission
In conclusion, I hope you have enjoyed reading this. Please subscribe and help share to reach more people.
Thank you for reading.