In today’s blog, we will be talking about UK Tier 4 Dependant Student Visa BRP Status – No Work Or Business granted to one of our readers. He and his wife went to the UK on January 2020 on student visa, he is dependant on his wife. His wife is studying and her visa status is Tier 4 General which was valid up to June 2021.
Meanwhile, his visa status is Tier 4 (General) Dependant. In the month of May 2021, his wife completed her course and take another admission to a new course and the University provided CAS to Tier-4. I also applied for a Dependent Visa extension and we we have just received our new BRP cards and are valid up to October 2022. So, on my BRP card, to my surprise, it is written as “NO WORK NO ENGAGING IN BUSINESS”.
My Questions Are:
1. What does it mean?
2. This month I have changed my job, Do I need to inform my employer about this status?
3. Am I not allowed to work anymore?
4. Is it a mistake by Visa Officer?
5. If it is not a mistake by Visa Officer, is my wife eligible for a post-study work visa (PSW)
6. If yes, how to address this issue and rectify it?
7. For the last one and half years I am working and paying NI, why is this sudden change in my work status?
Response – UK Tier 4 Dependant Student Visa BRP Status – No Work Or Business
In conclusion, this is someone’s question, if there is anyone out there in similar situation, and be able to sort it, please share with us how you did. let us hear your story. You never know who you are helping by sharing your story. Thank you for reading.