Looking at the least populated countries in the continent of Asia is what we are focusing on. Although, Asia is the populated continent in the world, it is also houses the least populated countries in the world.
Asia spans from the north to eastern hemisphere of the earth and another important point is that it shares boundaries with Europe.
Asia alone accounts for more than half of the world’s population with approximately 4.43 billion people. The major players of this population are China and India which have about 1.4 billion and 1.3 billion people respectively.
Furthermore, Asia has 48 countries of which 3 are having part of their land in Europe. These 3 countries are Russia, Turkey and Kazakhstan. The controversy here is that these 3 countries can be grouped in Asia and in Europe.
ALSO READ; The most populated country in Asia
THe least most populated country in Asia is Brunei Darusalam and having a population of 428,697 as at 2017. Following Brunei is Maldives which is among the best honeymoon and vacation destination in the world
10 Least Populated Countries in Asia
- Brunei Darussalam with a population of 428,697
- Maldives with a population of 436,330
- Bhutan with a population of 807,610
- Timor-Leste with a population of 1.296 million
- Bahrain with a population of 1.493 million
- Qatar with a population of 2.639 million
- Mongolia with a population of 3.076 million
- Kuwait with a population of 4.137 million
- Oman with a population of 4.636 million
- Turkmenistan with a population of 5.758 million