You want an Attestation, eligibility and Authentication of your certificate (s) in Nigeria, then this post right here is for you. Before you can study abroad or seek employment abroad, it is mandatory that you authenticate your documents. What about those who studied abroad and wants to also do same in Nigeria, then we will also tell you what to do.
The process of attestation is carried out at the Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja. In addition, you may also need to attest at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This type of process is carried out by the Accreditation and Evaluation Division of the Federal Ministry of education which is at the 8th Floor room 801, 802 and 803 of the building.
The activities are;
- Evaluation of both Local Foreign Qualifications for employment and admission purposes.
- Authentication of academic and professional qualifications awarded in Nigeria for study abroad.
- Issuing of eligibility letters for candidates wishing to travel abroad for studies and employments purposes.
- Issuing of no objection letter to institutes or other educational outfits.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENT EVALUATION
- Degree certificate
- O’Level certificates (5 credits including English & Mathematics in at least 2 sittings)
- International Passport
- Admission letter
- Amount to be paid; ₦500.00 only
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENT AUTHENTICATION
- SSCE result issued by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB & NBAIS
- O’Level certificates (ND, HND, DEGREE, MASTERS & Ph.D)
- ID card (for professionals such as Nursing, Doctors, Medical Laboratory)
- Amount to be paid; 300.00 per page
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY LETTERS
- The first to do is to Authenticate your docments first before you start with eligibility letter.
- Eligibility for undergraduate programmes: candidates must have 5 credits including English mathematics in at least 2 sittings
- Eligibility for Masters programmes: candidates must possess bachelor’s degree from Nigerian tertiary institutions,
- Eligibility for Ph.D programmes: candidates must possess master’s degree from Nigerian tertiary institution.
- Amount to be paid is 500.00 per letter.
Study or Seek Employment abroad: Certificate Attestation
STEPS on how to get Attestation and authentication of certificates in Nigeria is listed below
1. Proceed to the Ministry of Education as described above with the following documents;
WAEC/NECO, Bachelor’s Degree certificate, Post Graduate Diploma, Master’s Degree and Ph.D. which ever applies to you.
IF you do not have your WAEC/NECO Result, you can purchase scratch cards at the ministry to check result. The cards are like N300 each but there its sold at N600 each and printing is N150.
2. Authentication Process form will be given to you.
3. You will need to make payment for all the document you wish to authenticate. This fee is 300 Naira per document. You will be directed to make payment via bank.
4. You will need to generate REMITTA ID to make payment to this bank account provided to you. So locate a cafe to help generate that before proceeding to the bank.
5. Photocopy the teller and go ask of IPPIS or Revenue office (ground floor) there there they will collect the teller and sign o the photocopy.
6. Then you go back to 8th floor and submit then wait or they will tell you when to come back.
NOTE: Dont laminate your documents yet cos they will sign and seal it
Keep in Mind: Authentication of documents is Monday to Thursday, they dont attend to people on friday.
NEXT STEP is to go the Federal ministry of Foreign Affairs
- When you get there simply say you wish to authenticate your documents and that you have completed that of Education.
- they will collect your documents then ask you come back to collect it. The authentication is 1000 per document
Studied Abroad and wish to Attestation of Certificate
The process is the same just follow it above. All activities are carried out in the same office.
We hope this information was helpful.
You May want to Check this out: