Ukraine is an European country is a country in Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Russia to the north-east; Belarus to the north; Poland, Slovakia and Hungary to the west; and Romania, Moldova, and the Black Sea to the south. known for its Orthodox churches, Black Sea coastline and forested mountains. Its capital, Kiev, features the gold-domed St. Sophia’s Cathedral, with 11th-century mosaics and frescoes. As you can see, the country is an interesting place to Visit, live and study. This is why we have compiled a detailed Visa requirement to Ukraine from Nigeria.
General Ukraine Visa Requirements for Nigerians
- An international passport that must meet up with the below requirement:
- be valid for at least three months after the stipulated date of departure from Ukraine
- have a minimum of two blank pages for the visa.
- have a validity period not longer than the period of 10 years.
- One colored passport (35mm x 45 mm)
- Valid health insurance possessing the minimum coverage of 30 000 EUR its equivalent in other currencies.
- Proof of sufficient funds (you must be able to cater for yourself throughout the stipulated period till returning to the country of origin).
- Return airline/transit ticket
- Accommodation information
- Payment of consular fees.
- All documents must be related to the purpose of entry into Ukraine must be submitted for visas
Ukraine Visa Types available
Transit Visa (type B)
Just as the name, Transit Visa is mainly for a purpose of passing by. This visa type can have a validity of 1 Year but the number of days you are expected to be in Ukraine is 5-days maximum. This visa has Single entry and multiple entry as well
Short-term Visa (Type C)
Short-term Visas inshor implies that the duration should not be more than 90 days stay in Ukraine territory. Though there is a waiver, Applicant can apply for a longer period but this is subject to the embassy to grant such applicant that time. So the short term visa can be a one-entry, two-entry and multiple entry. The maximum amount of time such visa is valid is 5 years but a 90 days stay period
Long-term visa (Type-D)
This is as well a visa similar to that of the type-C discussed above. Still, this visas are issued alone to applicants by the Ukrainian diplomatic mission abroad as multi-entry lone for 90 days.
other Ukraine visa types includes
- Ukraine tourist visa
- Ukraine study visa
- Ukraine work visa
We have written another article for the Study Visa requirements.