Studying in UK is one of the best decision any educational seeker can get as long as you have the money. As a Nigerian and you wish to get Visa to study your dream course of study in the United Kingdom then this post will give you the necessary requirements. Keep reading this post to get the details.
What is United Kingdom Student Visa: Tier 4 Student Visa?
Are you 16 and above and wish to study in the United Kingdom? Then this Visa type is for you.
The tier 4 General Visa type is meant for those whose program is more than 6 months and you must 16 and above. This isn’t the only type of study Visa for UK. There is a Short-term Visa and Child Study visa are the other types of UK Study Visa. This post is focused on the UK.
K study visa is meant for people whose intention is to study in the UK on a long-term basis. Other types of UK visas are mentioned in UK Visa Application | Standard Visitor Visa.
Application for United Kingdom Tier 4 General Student Visa in Nigeria?
If you wish to know if you are eligible for the UK Student Visa, then check this list below.
- You are eligible if you have been unconditionally offered a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
- You must have received a reference number call Confirmation for Acceptance of Study (CAS) from your education provider in the UK.
- Funds: you have enough money or sponsor to support you and pay for your course.
- You must have a valid international passport.
- The applicant must be 16 years old or over.
- You are eligible if you understand, speak, read and write English.
How to Apply for United Kingdom Tier 4 General Student Visa in Nigeria
Step 1: The Very first step is to register for an account and to do so, Click here. You will be sent an email to unlock your account.
Step 2: A link will be sent to you in which you will click and fill the online form
Step 3: Pay a visa fee with your credit card and book an appointment for the submission of your documents by clicking on the ‘continue’ button just before the end of the page.
Step 4: Take your documents to the office of TLSCONTACT. The address to this place will be in the appointment confirmation letter. Take the following documents below to the office.
Checklist of Supporting Documents:
- Academic Technology Approval System (ATAS) certificate (if your course requires ATAS clearance)
- Valid International passport
- your Previous passport if used to travel to the UK
- Biometric Identity Card/Biometric Residence Permit for the UK (if you have any)
- Two (45mmx35mm wide) recently taken passport photographs.
- Previous academic qualifications (as listed on your CAS, this only applies for new students who are applying before starting their course or within the first 6 months of their course).
- English test certificate: This is only where applicable in the CAS
- Document translation if they are not in Eglish
- bank statements (if self-funding or if sponsored but sponsorship doesn’t cover all course fees and maintenance)
- Birth certificate of the Applicant: This should only be provided if ONLY they parents are sponsors.
- Letter of main applicant’s parent, giving permission to use their funds (only if using parent’s bank statements).
- If sponsored, the letter from your official financial sponsor.
- Completed data confidentiality form.
Click here for full document checklist.