This post will help you know all the steps required towards obtaining an Australian Visa. This for Nigeria Passport holder who wish to travel to Australia and the Visa processing needed including the travel guide. Before jumping into the requirements and process needed, let’s take a look at Australia in summary.
Australia is one of the most fascination countries in the world. It is officially known as the commonwealth of Australia. It is the 6th largest country in the world and situated in the continent of Australia. This beautiful country has over 10,000 beaches which can be duly explored by visitors.
The country is heavily known for its high life expectancy and low unemployment rate. So do you to travel from Nigeria to Australia, then follow this guide.
Types of Visas
- Visitor visa (valid for up to three, six or 12 months)
- Student visa (allows for stays up to five years)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (valid for four years and three months)
Visa Processing Time
- Visitor visa: This can take up to 33 days
- Student visa: This is dependent on some factors. Find more information here.
- Business visa: This can also take up to 20 days
Nigeria to Australia Travel Guide
Australian Visa Requirement
Business Visa Checklist
Student Visa Checklist
This requirements are for Australia Visitors visa from Nigeria
- Duly Filled and signed Application Form 1419 – This form is for Visitors Visa
- A copy of International Passport showing the Data Page and other pages which prove travel to any other countries
- One passport photograph (45mm x 35 mm) and this should not be more that 6 months old.
- Visa Application Fee. For online application, provide proof of Payment
- A completed Application Form 1257: This is for those under the age of 18
- A completed Form 1229 : This is a Consent form to tell the embassy to grant Australian Visa to a Child under the Age of 18 who won’t be travelling with a guardian or parent
- If you wish for another person to receive all written communications about your Australian visitor visa application with the Department:
- Completed Part K – Options for receiving written communications
- Form 956: Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance
- Form 956A: Appointment or withdrawal of an authorized recipient
- Proof of Funds through out your stay. This should be payslips, bank statements etc
- Travel Insurance
- A letter confirming your leave from your employer if you are employed or submit your business CAC certificate and Tax document.
- Proof of enrolment into School or University
- A letter of invitation from the host. This should carry the name, address and phone number of the person or family. If the person is a citizen, they should also provide a proof or residence permit for non citizens of Australia
- Proof of incentive and authority to show your intention to return to your country of residence – property or other significant assets in your home country.
- Attach the payment receipt of your application form after lodging application.
NOTE: Do not submit Original documents unless you are instructed to. All documents should be certified copy of the original.
Where to Apply for Australian Visa?
As a Nigerian, you can apply online as it is recommended. Simly create an Online account called the ImmiAccount. This allows applicants to manage their visa application online.
For Nigerian citizens who are unable to lodge an online application, the alternative is applying in person at a TLScontact Australian Visa Application Centre in Abuja or Lagos.
You can as well track your Visa Online. After application, all applicant are given unique number called “Transaction Reference Number”. Therefore you can use this number to track your Visa status
Australian Embassy in Nigeria
Address: Embassy of Australia, Abuja. 5th Floor, Oakland Centre 48 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja Nigeria
Telephone: (09) 461.2780, +234.9.461.2780
Fax: (09) 461.2782, +234.9.461.2782
For More Information Kindly visit the Australian Consulate site or visit the nearest centre.