If you wish to know how to get Visa to the Netherlands in Nigeria then this post is just for you. In this post we will outline the requirements and procedure to obtain a Visa to one of the best European country called Netherlands. But before we proceed lets take a little overview of the country.
The country is situated in Northwester Europe and bordered by Germany to the east, Belgium to the south, and the North Sea to the northwest, with maritime borders in the North Sea with Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom. The country is sometimes referred to as Holland which is quite a misrepresentation.
The Netherlands has its capital as Amsterdam which is among the biggest cities in the country. In addition, other big cities in the country are Hague, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Ultrech, Tilburg. Furthermore, Netherlands literally means low lands because of the low elevation of its ground and topography. It is actually having about 50% of its land 1 metre above the sea level. And about 17% falling below the sea level.
How to get Netherlands Visa in Nigeria
Note that to get Netherlands Visa in Nigeria, you have to use other embassies of other Schengen countries. For the case of Nigeria, the Belgium Embassy in Abuja and Lagos are where you can apply for a Netherlands Visa. The consequently means that those who are living in the Northern pat of Nigeria may apply for the Netherlands Visa at the Belgium Embassy in Abuja while those in the southern part should apply at the Belgium Lagos Office.
The same documents needed to apply for a Schengen Visa is still what is required of you to submit alongside you Visa application form.
Netherlands Visa Types available to Nigerians
- Tourist Visa: Applicants who are going to Netherlands for vacation, holiday, honeymoon, tourism, visit family or friend
- Business Visa: Applicant who wishes to travel to Netherlands for a short business period
- Transit Visa
Requirement of Netherlands Visa
- Application Form duly filled. Download the Form HERE
- Two Passport size photograph
- International Passport and 1 copy
- Latest Bank Statement of not more than 6 Month
- Travel Insurance to cover the trip and 1 copy
- Reference letter from your Employer or Educational establishment
- Group Travel Proof if you are travelling with a group
- Proof of accommodation; mainly hotel reservation in Belgium
- Proof of round trip ticket
- Visa Fees for applicant
Belgium Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria (for Netherlands application)
Address: 9, Usuma Street, Maitama, Abuja.
Phone Number: (09) 460-2634 for International Callers: +234 9 460-2634
Belgium Embassy in Lagos, Nigeria (for Netherlands application)
Address: VFS Global, Ground Floor Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION TIMINGS
Application Submission: 08:00 – 14:00
Enquiry : 08:00 – 14:00
Passport Pass back: 10:00 – 16:00
Submission timings: Monday to Friday 08:00 -14:00 (Lagos) Except holidays observed by the Embassy of Belgium
Passport collection timing : Monday to Friday 10:00 – 16:00 (Except holidays observed by the Embassy of Belgium), Lagos.