In this Post we will give a detailed article on how to get Visa to Italy and its requirements. As a Nigerian resident or passport holder, kindly go through this post vividly.
Italy Visa Types Available to Nigeria Passport Holders
Note: Only SHORT TERM VISA category applications are accepted at VFS center. LONG TERM VISA applications are accepted at Consulate of Italy Directly at
Lagos: 12 Walter Carrington Crescent V.I. Lagos.
Time: Wednesday & Friday From 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
SHORT TERM VISA
- Business Visa: This is for those who wish to Visa Italy for a purpose related to their profession such as Medical Doctor, Traders, Engineers, Lawyers etc. This Visa type has a validity of 90 days. This is also referred to as a Schengen Visa Type C.
- Tourist Visa: It is also Valid for 90 days per Semester. Tourist Purpose Visit to Italy
- Medical Treatment Visa:
- Religious Purpose visa
- Sport Competition Visa
- Conference Visa
- Study Visa
- Government Delegation Visa
LONG TERM VISA
- Family Reunion Visas (Foreign citizen with foreign citizen)
- E.U. Citizens’ Family Members Visas
- Work (Independent) Visa
- Re-entry Visa
- Employment Visa
Required documents for all visa categories
To ensure your application is processed without any delay please include the following:
- Online completed & Signed visa application Form along with the relevant checklist.
All questions on the Visa application form MUST be correctly filled (where applicable); **No field must be left unfilled.
- Two Copies of your Passport data page which MUST be Coloured
- Colour copy of previous and current visas: – (UK,USA,CANADA AND PREVIOUS SCHENGEN VISA) and landing stamps.
- Supporting documentation as per the relevant checklist
Applicants below the age of 18 years must provide the following documents:
- A copy of birth certificate issued by NPC (National Population Census)
- Letter from school stating the class attended and given permission of absence.
- The parent who is not travelling with child should give a written consent in form of a sworn Affidavit issued by a High Court including the parent’s identity photograph and copy of his/her passport.
- If the child is under the sole guardianship of one of the two parents, a court order declaring full custodianship of the said parent has to be submitted.
Nigeria to Italy Visa Fees and requirements
1. Short Term visas (up to 90 days stay): 60 Euros which is about 20,700 Naira
Business, Tourism, Invitation, Sport competition, Medical treatment, Religious Purposes, Transit, Airport Transit
2. Long Term visas (more than 90 days stay): 116 Euros which is about 40,100 Naira
(Family Reunion, Employment, Self-Employment, Re-Entry)
3. Short Term visas for children going on tourism: FREE OF CHARGE
(Between 0 – 6 years)
4. Short Term visas for children going on tourism: 35 Euros which is about 12,100 Naira
(Between 6 – 12 years)
5. Short Term visas ( over 90 days stay): 50 Euros which is about 17,300 Naira
NOTE: This Visa fees in Naira is according to the exchange rate which is the only accepted rate of 500 and above. And this can only be paid ONLY at time of submission of documents.
Below are the following categories exempted from the payment of Visa Fees;
- Dependant family (spouse, parents and children of Italian or European citizens);
- Students attending Universities or some specific training;
- Children less than 6 years of age for short term visa
Italy Visa Requirements for Nigerians
It is highly recommended to follow the steps in the Schengen Visa Procedure by Click here. Also it is needed that all applicant must provide the new bio-metric passport.
- Your Passport must contain at least 3 consecutive empty pages so that the Visa sticker issued can be placed on it.
- Applicants must book an appointment online to submit their visa application at the Joint Schengen visa application center.
- All the applicants, irrespective of his/her intended duration of stay in Italy or the Schengen area has to sign & submit a Declaration of the provision of true and complete information with their application form.
- Applicants must provide a written guarantee that they will cover all successive trips with an International Health Insurance valid for the intended period of travel. CLICK HERE
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT- together with their visa application form –
a typed information sheet providing the following details as per their passport:
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Personal phone number
- Personal active e-mail address
- Travel dates
- Airline used
- Flight Route
AFTER SUBMISSION of Visa at the VFS Global Centre
When you submit your Visa Application, you can as well track its progress via this line provided
You can track your application by entering your Receipt Number and your Date of Birth Click Here
VISA PROCESSING TIME:
Those who have submitted their application can collect their passport when it is ready.You can collect your passport from Lagos application centre.
The collection timing is 11.00AM- 4.00 PM (Monday-Friday except holidays).
All applicants must come with their Collection slip which was given to them during the Visa Application. It is important to note that you must come PERSONALLY as a representative will not be allowed.