Denmark is a nice destination from Nigeria and getting there takes easy to get Visa requirements. The process is seamless and no need for inviting a travel agent. Just read below to see the necessary documents.
Nigeria to Denmark Visa Requirements and Process
- Cover letter for purpose of travel
- Valid International passport for at least 3 Months
- One recent passport sized photograph 3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height in color with a white background with your signature on the back.
- International passport valid for at least three months after the expiry of the visa together with a copy of the data page + pages endorsed with previous visas.
- Previous passports, if any.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to cover all expenses during the stay in the Schengen area.
- Bank Statement of not less than 3 Months
- In case of sponsorship: a letter of introduction of sponsor and a copy of the sponsor’s passport. In case of a local sponsor bank statements are required for the past 3 months.
- An international health insurance valid for all Schengen States for the duration of your stay.
- Proof of flight reservation/booking.
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Signed letter of authorization and parental consent in case of unaccompanied minor, and copy of parent’s passports.
If the supporting documents are not presented with the application or within 3-5 days after lodging the application at VFS , your application may upon examination be refused and the visa fee lost.
Further information for Nigeria to Denmark Visa requirements:
- Applicants must apply in person at the Visa Application Centre (VFS).
- The applicant will be called for an interview. Supplementary documents may be needed, as well as a second interview.
- The visa fee have to be paid online after filling the application online.
- Time of departure must be within 3 months from the submission of the application.
- When submitting the application kindly allow a processing time of minimum 15 calendar days.
- To reduce waiting time and to enable receiving all applicants, applicants are requested to keep documents organized and the visa fee ready upon submitting their application.
- If granted a visa, please hand in a valid flight ticket and an international health insurance in original and one copy.
- Upon collection please verify that the information printed on the visa sticker is correct and complete.
Proof of economic and social ties with Nigeria:
- Evidence of your social ties, for example, marriage certificate, birth certificate, official leave letter from university or school (if applicable).
- If employed:
- Pay slips for the last 3 months.
- Letter from employer/employment letter stating terms and monthly income.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Business registration documents.
- Company bank statement for the last 3 months.
For visitors visa, in addition to the above-mentioned general visa requirements:
- Written invitation from the reference/host in Denmark who the applicant plans to visit, with name and address clearly indicated, as well as the purpose of the visit.
- Letter from employer/school authorizing leave of absence and original school reports.
- Proof of admission to educational institute and payment of school fee (if applicable).
For business visa, in addition to the above-mentioned general visa requirements:
- Written invitation from the company in Denmark.
- Letter from employer stating purpose of travel.
- The company’s business registration certificates, giving information about the applicant’s company or institution.
- TAX/VAT documentation.
Please note :
All documents must be in original with a copy + one copy of all stamps and visas in your passport and 1 copy of the passport data page. The submission of any or all of the above mentioned documents do not guarantee the issue of a visa.