Wishing to migrate or travel for a while to this amazing and iconic country, then this post has got you covered. We will be outlining the step by step guide to travel from Nigeria to Germany and Visa processes.
Often times, Visa processes to many countries do not need the help of travel agents because the processes are very simple. You just need to follow it duly.
Germany Visa types available to Nigeria and Travel Guide
There are 2 major visa types available to any citizen from any country who wish to travel to Germany. They are the Tourist Visa and Business Visa.
- Tourist Visa: this visa type is for tourist purposes, visiting, and any related purpose. This visa type is valid for just 90 days. It also requires that your Passport must have at least 3 month validity.
- Business Visa: this visa type Is for people who are visiting Germany for business.
Nigeria to Germany Visa Requirements and travel Guide
Below are the necessary documents needed to qualify for a German Visa as a Nigeria citizen or resident.
- Valid Passport: the international passport should not be less that 6 months validity period. Also the passport must have at least 2 blank pages and must have been issued within the last 10 years. Else a new passport is required.
- A Passport size photograph: The size of the passport must Be 45mm by 35mm.
- Copies of previous Visa where applicable
- Travelling Insurance: this is to indicate that you are covered for any medical treatment during your stay in Germany and Schengen area
- Cover Letter : detailing your reason to Germany and itinerary
- Proof of Funding: you need to show proof of sufficient fund duration you stay in Germany
- Bank Statement of not less than 6 month.
- Flight Booking
- Hotel reservation
- Civil status: where applicable, you need to provide marriage certificate, death of spouse certificate, birth certificate of children.
Germany Visa Fee in Nigeria
The German Visa fee is $70. Depending on the exchange rate, the price in Naira will fluctuate.
Furthermore, the Germany also have free waivers for the following Category of people..
1. Children under six years.
School pupils, undergraduates, postgraduates and teaching staff travelling to Germany for the sole purpose of study or educational training.
2. Non-profit representatives aged 25 years or less partaking in seminars, conferences or activities including sports, educational or cultural events organised by non-profit organisations.
3. Researchers from third-world countries travelling within Europe for the purpose of conducting scientific research.
Where to Apply for the Germany Visa in Nigeria.
To apply and submit your visa application form, you will need to submit at the German Consulate office in Lagos;
Address: 15 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island, Lagos.
Phone: +234 280 9966
Hours:Mon-Fri: 08:00 – 18:00
Nigeria to Germany Travel Guide and Visa Processes
- Book an appointment online
- Submit copies of your flight reservation and hotel booking with your application form
- Pay the visa application fee at the German Consulate in Lagos
- Provide your biometric information at the Consulate
- Upon approved visa application, you can collect your visa at the Consulate or use a courier service.
Related Travel Links