On this post we will outline how you can migrate from Nigeria to Romania, including all travel guide and Visa processing & requirement.
Romania is an European country situated at the Southeastern art of the continent. The Country is about 238,637 KM2 in Size and area making the 12th largest country in Europe. Also been the largest in Southeastern Europe. In addition the country has about 19.64 million in population and mainly known for it forested region of Transylvania, ringed by the Carpathian Mountains.
Romania has a Gross Domestic Product of about 211.8 billion USD (2017) Making it rank 48th in the world on GDP Nominal. Considering GDP PPP, the country ranks 40th in 2018. In terms of tourism, The small country has some very exciting places to visit. Some of which are Palace of Parliament, Romania Athenaeum, National Village Museum, National Museum of Art of Romania etc.
Types of Romanian Visas available to Nigerians
- Marked A: The airport transit visa
- Marked B: The transit visa
- Marked C: The short-stay visa
- Marked D: The long-stay visa
Requirements for Romanian Visa for Nigeria; Travel Guide
This requirements below is for a Short stay for the Mark A and Mark C Visa for Romania
- Provide a Valid Plane Ticket to Romania;
- Medical insurance: Get a travel medical insurance from any health insurance company.
- Invitation Letter: Provide an invitation letter showing proof of invite from any Family member, company or public authority for the following purposes such as Fairs, conferences, business meetings, summits etc.
- Proof of financial means in amount of EUR 50/day for the entire period, but not less than EUR 500 or the equivalent in convertible currency;
- Accomodation: You must rovide a proof of where you plan to stay; which could be hotels, motels and any form of guest house or family and friends house.
- An invitation from the General Inspectorate for Immigration – Ministry of Internal Affairs (IGI-MAI) which is required for Nigerians applying for a short-stay business visa;
- The invitation above, accompanied by some documents depending on the purpose of the trip to Romania, should be filled in two original copies and be submitted to the territorial offices of the General Inspectorate for Immigration for approval;
- After approval, one copy of the invitation shall be returned to the inviting host, to be forwarded to the invited party who, in his/her turn, shall present the original form to the Romanian embassy in Nigeria, and then you can apply for a visa within 30 days from the approval of the invitation. It is not allowed for an applicant to submit a new invitation, no matter the purpose thereof, if one of the persons previously invited by such applicant did not leave the Romanian territory within the visa validity period.
Where To Apply
Embassy of Romania
Address: Plot 498 (76), Nelson Mandela Street, Zone A4, Asokoro, Abuja.
Phone: +234 9 3142304, 3142305; Fax: +234 9 3142306
For further information, please visit the official website of the Romanian Embassy in Nigeria.