Nigeria to Kenya travel guide is quite an easy step to get the visa for Nigerians. There are several Visa types into the east African country which is largely dependent on the goal of travel. And in this post, we will outline the various Visa types and the application processes. Note that you do not even require to pay any one to help you run the Visa process because its a DIY thing.
Take time and read the post to fully understand the way it works.
Kenya is an east African country officially known as the Republic of Kenya. Their major Language is Swahili.
The country borders with the coastline on the Indian Ocean. It encompasses Savannah, lakelands, the dramatic Great Rift Valley and mountain highlands. Also a home to wildlife like lions, elephants and rhinos. From Nairobi, the capital, safaris visit the Maasai Mara Reserve, known for its annual wildebeest migrations, and Amboseli National Park, offering views of Tanzania’s 5,895m Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Types of Kenya Visa available for Nigerians and Requirements
1. Diplomatic or Official Visa from Govt
This is for mainly government or other official purposes. To qualify for this visa category, you must possess diplomatic, official or service passport and most importantly on official visit to Kenya.
- Duly filled form 22.
- Original passport with validity of not less than 6 months.
- 2-passport size photograph.
- Note verbal
- Letter from parent ministry /department.
- Fee is Gratis.
2. Single entry visa (Ordinary Visa)
This is the regular Visa type to people who wish to get into Kenya but single entry here means that, the Visa is only given for a period of time and when it expires, applicant has to apply again.
- Duly filled form 22.
- Two colored passport size photos.
- Original passport.
- Letter of invitation.
- Host ID card or passport copy.
- Introduction letter from the employer
- Return ticket
- Bank statement.
- Hotel booking
- Processing time is 2 to 3 working days.
3. East Africa Tourist visa
This Visa type is common with the East African country such as Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. This is given to those who wish to visit each of this countries simultaneously.
- Duly filled form 22
- 2 recent colored passport size photo.
- Valid Pakistani immigration status for other nationalities.
- Original passport and a copy.
- hotel booking and return ticket for Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda
- Fee :USD 100
- Introduction letter from employer.
- Bank statement
4. Referred Visa General Information
Referred visa category is not available through online application portal. The holders of travel documents and certificate of Identity (non National passport holders) and for categories of other nationalities whose application shall be referred to director of immigration services please see immigration.go.ke for further information. (Source: Kenya High Commission site)
- Duly filled form 22.
- Two recent colored passport size photos.
- Letter from employer.
- Self-motivation letter in support of application.
- Invitation letter from a Kenya host.
- Copy of valid Pakistani residence visa.
- Kenyan host ID or passport copy.
- Initial fee nonrefundable: USD 10 .Fee after visa is issued USD 50.
- Waiting period 2- 4 weeks.
- Original passport and copy with validity of not less than 6 months.
5. Multiple Journey Visa
This Visa type is given to those who wish to be visiting Kenya on a regular basis. Unlike the Single entry Visa that involves people that travel just once to Kenya. The following are the Visa requirements for such Visa;
- Two copies of duly filled form 22.
- Two copies of passport two copies of previous Kenya visas and entry stamps.
- Letter of introduction from applicant or organization in Pakistan.
- Letter of invitation from organization/ host in Kenya.
- Nonrefundable application fee of USD10/-.
- Fee of USD 100 once visa is issued.
- Bank Statement, Air ticket and Hotel Booking. Copies of marriage certificate if invited by spouse.
- Copies of Pupil/ Research/ Entry permit if invited by Kenya Resident
- Host Identity Card or Passport Copies
- If invited by organization, certificate of business registration is required
- Waiting period 2 to 4 weeks.
6. Transit Visa
This is issued to individuals who intend to travel through Kenya to another location and it is valid for 72 hours (3 days). Same requirements are the Single entry Visa.
Entry into Kenya is dependent on the credibility of the visa documents as well as the purpose of travel.
Below are those that are not eligible for Kenya Visa:
- Those who do not undergo medical tests as instructed by the immigration’s ACT;
- Individuals with a serious health challenge;
- Ex-convicts or persons whose entry into Kenya pose a threat to the inhabitants of the country.
Kenya Embassy in Nigeria: Address and Contact Details
Lagos Consular Office
UBA Building, First Floor,
No. 22B Idowu Taylor Street,
Kenyan High Commission Office, Abuja
No. 357, Diplomatic Drive,
Central Business District,