Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

Settlement In The UK

Hey everyone,

Here is a new post for you guys, Settlement In The UK.


‘Settled’ means being both ordinarily resident in the UK and without any immigration restriction on the length of your stay in the UK.

You are also not ‘settled’ if you:

  •  have a time limit on the length of your stay in the UK, as shown by your current immigration permission
  •  are exempt from immigration control, for example, you are living in the UK as a diplomat or a member of their household/family
  •  have a type of British passport that does not give you British citizenship.

There are also many requirements to live in the UK.

  • Financial requirement
  • Accommodation
  • Health surcharge
  • Proof of relationship
  • Medical requirement
  • English language
  • Online form requirement

In addition, the knowledge of language and life

(KOLL) in the UK is designed

To make sure you are aware of the basics of UK life-things

You should know if you are planning to live there permanently.

Furthermore, it tests your knowledge of UK customs, government, law and values.

Life in the UK test will cover the following topics:

  • The values and principles of the UK
  • Traditions and cultures from around the UK
  • Events and people that have shaped the UK’s history
  • UK government and law
  • How to get involved in the UK community

To pass the KOLL English test, you must also speak English,

Understand spoken English and be able to read English

Also the commonly known UK Spouse Visa or

Settlement Visa is meant for the spouse,

Partner, proposed partner, civil partner, child or another

Dependent relative of a person who is currently settled in the

UK or coming to the UK to settle.

Also, that person must be either settled or planning to live in the

UK permanently with the legal right to do so.


Thank you for reading.

Please share for more.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

Popular Posts